Opportunity to name the new building in the forest
Andrew Fleck Children’s Services (AFCS), in partnership with Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research Group and Child and Nature Alliance of Canada, are building a licensed child care program in the forest, and it’s time to decide what to call this new, wonderful location! They are seeking ideas from near and far, hoping to find a name that:
- captures the magic of the forest;
- reflects our commitment to child-centred, interest-led, inquiry-driven, educator-supported, learning and connecting through play on the land;
- resonates with children, families and the community;
- demonstrates we are creating opportunities to build an ongoing relationship with the land;
- identifies that while every day is different, play, exploration, and connection to each other and the land threads through our adventures.
How to contribute and next steps:
Submit your idea(s) by March 25, 2022, here: https://form.jotform.com/AFCS_Admin/forest-program-naming
- All ideas will be reviewed by the Naming Committee (made up of AFCS staff and parent representatives)
- A minimum of 5 (no more than 10) options will be selected
- All contributors, AFCS families, staff and the community (regardless of whether they submitted ideas or not) will be invited to participate in an online voting process
- The top 3 names, and up to 2 more as selected by the committee, will be shared with the Board of AFCS on April 27, 2022 for final approval
- By summer they will announce the new name!