The Outdoor Learning Store is working in partnership with Reconciliation Education, the First Nations University of Canada, the Orange Shirt Society, the Moose Hide Campaign, and many Outdoor Learning Partners (including Outdoor Play Canada!) to offer a new Indigenous Learning opportunity.
The Every Child Matters – 4 Seasons of Reconciliation learning initiative seeks to better acknowledge that Indigenous Knowledge and Perspectives are foundational to outdoor learning, and that non-Indigenous educators need to undertake further steps towards Truth and Reconciliation in order to engage appropriately and authentically and build respectful and reciprocal relationships. It also acknowledges that a key step non-Indigenous educators can take in engaging with Indigenous learning is by going outside and learning from the land.
This Learning Initiative runs from February 15 – June 15, 2023. Registration is just $100 ($20/month for 5 months) and includes:
- 10 Reconciliation Education Learning Modules (~1 Hour of Learning / Month)
- A Certificate of Completion issued by the First Nations University of Canada
- 5 opportunities to gather virtually with Indigenous Leaders, Elders and Educators
- $25 towards excellent Indigenous Learning Resources
- Access to a Learning Community from across Turtle Island (North America)
This learning opportunity is open to EVERYONE. While content is mostly in the context of Canada, this learning is relevant across Turtle Island (North America).