In a recent story for the newly-launched New Brunswick tourism website, Dr. Willi Broeren, a family doctor in Fredericton and an outdoors enthusiast, put together a compelling list of 8 benefits of spending time in nature, pulling from research in psychology, epidemiology, neuroscience, and medicine.
The list includes:
- Spending time in nature makes us happy
- Access to parks decreases our risk of death and disease
- Being in nature is good for your brain
- Nature helps boost our immune system and decreases inflammation
- Nature has the power to heal
- Exposure to nature and greenery is good for students
- Walking in the woods is good for your physical well-being
- Spending time in nature makes us kinder
Read the full article, including the evidence behind each item, here.